Friday, August 15, 2008

How to Read This Blog

I will label a topic when it becomes hot. In the case of Georgia I label it "Saakashvilli." Then later blogs have that label even though S.'s name is never mentioned. "Civil Society" is another label that I use, often when I have a political viewpoint about the current administration or the candidates. "Liar's Poker" refers to the landmark book by Michael Lewis that tells how wall street investment banks screw the public and always will, with various schemes that produce billionaires with the fees involved. "Cudahy" refers to my favorite federal judge who has intersected my professional life twice, all without my ever meeting or seeing him. Various labels "Cramer" are self-explanatory. Back in the late 1980's I exchanged a few emails with him. He is the one trustworthy stock market analyst for the day-to-day trader who has a few million to trade with and therefore can keep his bearing while keeping some powder dry.

Labels