Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Funny But Valuable Piece on Water

Begin forwarded message:
From: "Hayes, William D." <WDHayes@vorys.com>
Date: October 29, 2008 9:21:36 AM EDT
Subject: Emailing: International Environment Reporter

Hi Everyone- I have been meaning to advocate the collection of rainwater to friends for some time, and seeing this today motivated me. Roseann and I have two rainwater collection barrels and routinely collect 75 gallons of rainwater during a normal rain. We use this for replenishing the fish pond and for watering plants and trees. Rainwater barrels are relatively inexpensive and pay for themselves by reducing your water costs. More importantly, water from your spigot is treated water which requires energy to treat and transport. Collecting rainwater is great because you are using gravity to collect it, and the weight of the water in the barrel provides adequate pressure for most garden uses. One of our barrels is a recycled whiskey barrel (I often find roseann drinking from it) and the other is 100% recycled plastic. They are available through lots of different sources. In any event, I thought I would encourage all of you to consider it. Rainwater collection should be inherent in any new building activity you are involved in. I think it will be second nature I the future. thanks- Bill
From the law offices of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP.

Labels