Saturday, September 5, 2009

Get Rid of Your Investment Advisor

(c) 2009 F. Bruce Abel

This is pretty plain-Jane but good. There must be millions who are doing this.

Another good item from a Saturday Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/investment-ideas/features/portfolio-strategy/the-do-it-yourself-escape-plan/article1276867/

In my case in January I opened up a Schwab account. What have I learned?

I make a couple of round trip trades a day. I ignore the price except that I make sure I buy with a limit order inserted by Schwab as the "asked" price.

When I get out I do not look at the price or whether I am ahead or behind. I usually know this generally because I have CNBC on without the sound.

I do not compare my result with how the market is doing that day or week. That is irrelevant.

I follow leads by Jim Cramer, but only after waiting a few days.

And I "winning?" Barely.

Labels