Friday, November 14, 2008

Buddy

In leafy Glendale on a November 13-14 warm, full-moon night-- bad dream (I stuck a long needle into my sister-in-law???!!! Freud, don't listen) leads to getting up and leaving the bedroom...Telephone rings in bedroom...It's 3:30 am...Sissy is heard to answer.

Get cell phone..get dressed...to do what?--put on shell...in car...to Red Bank Pet Hospital...I-75 to I-71...to Red Bank...meet Becca...

Goodbye to Buddy. He was given a wonderful life at the Worples, first on Stanton and then at The Circus House. He lumbered like a horse. Never barked.

Having the younger Kate to play with the last year, two goldens on a golden trip together on Golden Pond.

Sissy and I stayed, babysitting, last weekend while Becca and Doug went to a wedding in D.C. -- Buddy, with his legs so long and head so high he could swipe abandoned food from the middle of the table, and almost did.

He blocked the door lying inside the kitchen.

Life, in all its love and sorrows, goes on in Terrace Park.

"I love you dad."

"I love you Becca."

Labels