Saturday, July 18, 2009

How to Interpret Cramer

As I have said before (and my blog quotes a study that verifies this) you make money on Cramer by carefully reading between the lines and following what he is really recommending as a sale, not a buy. He is reluctant to go negative, so you have to know the area he is talking about.

For example regional banks, covered in the cite shown below.

I have a friend who bought $10,000 FITB at $2 something and now has quite a profit. Reading the following by Jim Cramer, you will note that he does not mention FITB. This is a key point and my friend should GET OUT NOW.

(Should I tell him? What are the implications for Cincinnati, where Fifth Third is so influential?)

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10546019/1/jim-cramers-best-blogs.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Labels