Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pot Luck

Photo (c) 2010 Rebecca Abel Worple
(c) 2010 F. Bruce Abel


Wireless was slow up here in Canada Thursday.  After a week or so of no trading I placed a number of orders before hours Friday morning, below the market (except for one order, mentioned below).  Then wireless was slow again and the Schwab 800 number doesn't apply from Canada.  So I was kept in the dark until I logged on at 2:15 am Saturday (today).

For some reason on Friday afternoon I could get on the NYT and I could see the daily pattern of the indexes on the NYT website, so I figured that I may have executed around mid-day and maybe had a profit by the end of the day.

Not exactly.  I had forgotten my quickie placement of an order for 10 Apple 260 calls expiring next Friday  at 1.13 (execution price).  Put on due to a comment by Cramer in his Thursday night Mad Money.

My philosophy: life trumps trading.  My mistakes often are my best winners.  We'll see how this all pans out.  My other orders. except for 50 POT, expired at the end of the day without triggering.  POT does show a $15 profit.

Labels